Don’t miss the the Fall Atlanta Home show this weekend at the Cobb Galleria Centre. September 27, 28 and 29, 2018 you will see some of the newest vendors with innovations and familiar standards.
Dates & Hours
Friday, September 7, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 8, 2018 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 9, 2018 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
SPECIAL APPEARANCES BY BRETT TUTOR
Appearing on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
Brett is the new carpenter for TLC’s hit show Trading Spaces. He can previously be seen on Discovery Channel’s hit show Treasure Quest (season 2) where he is the security & survival specialist for an elite team of treasure hunters on the trail of the Treasure of the Trinity.
Today’s Question and Answer:
Q: I’ve seen the DumpsterBags for sale around town. They only cost $30-$40. Why should I rent a home dumpster?
A: How big is your project? The DumpsterBags can only hold 3 cubic yards of material! That is one average pick-up truck load. How many “trips” do you have to make?
Also you must consider:
- You have to make sure the bag is close to the road, or else they cannot pick it up. This means you will have to move everything out close to the road because it will get too heavy to move very quickly. This could double or triple your work.
- The DumpsterBags are just plastic and could possibly rip, which will set you back another $40!
- The plastic material may be hard to handle for the first several loads because the light material will shift and flail as you try to load you waste material into it.
- You may wait up to a week to get it picked up, blocking your driveway and access to your house.
If you are transplanting trees:
The best time to plant is now – in March or April, because most deciduous trees are dormant in Georgia until it starts to really warm up. Transplanting trees is best when they are “sleeping” (consider trees “awake” when they are flowering or producing fruit).
A tree can go into shock when it is first transplanted. Besides the fact that the root ball has been dug up, exposed to air, with small roots cut or damaged, the new surroundings are unfamiliar and all water and nutrients are in different places. The tree essentially has to start over. To give the tree the best chance of survival, try the following:
- Dig a hole for your tree at least twice as wide as the container that the tree came in. 3 or 4 times the size is even better. It loosens up soil, provides more oxygen, and allows water to penetrate.
- The depth of the hole should be the same as the depth of the container. Making it a bit shallower is better than too deep because you should never bury your root collar under soil.
- The sides of your hole should slope down to encourage the roots to grow up to the surface. Rough up the sides of the hole with your shovel so that root tips can penetrate the new soil.
- Dump the tree out of the container and loosen the soil around the roots checking for root balls.
- Never put sod on top of the hole. Grass competes with the tree for water and grass around the base means lawnmowers can get too close to the tree trunk. Don’t crowd the tree trunk with rocks or bricks.
- Use the soil that came out to refill the planting hole. This will save your top soil and there will be less shock to the tree.
- Water the tree with the amount of the size of the container it came in. Fill up the bucket you took the tree out of and use this to water the tree. This is the perfect amount to use once a week during the growing season.
Call Home Dumpsters for your tree limbs, shrubs, pruning and other landscaping trimming. We can’t take soil away, but all other outdoor spring cleaning is fair game.
Remodel. Repair. Refresh.
The Atlanta Home Show will be held March 23-25, 2018 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta.
The Spring Atlanta Home Show has been improving home lifestyles and adding value to your largest single investment, your home – for 40 years. We offer a family-friendly environment and a place for one-stop shopping. We have invited over 350 companies for you to meet and talk face-to-face about the latest home remodeling products and services.
This year, thanks to PMCPros.com, members of the home improvement trade receive FREE admission to the show on Friday March 23!
Directions to the Cobb Galleria Centre!
More Info from the Home Show!
New year, new you… or at least new resolutions. If your new resolutions include major cleaning up inside or out, or some major remodeling house, garage or landscaping – then we are here to help. We deliver roll off dumpsters to your home or business and you have no need to worry how to dispose of all the branches, yard waste and storm damage.
New roof or siding? Give us a call with your job size and we’ll give you a quote on the dumpster you need.
If you have any questions about your job, let us know right away. We can’t take certain materials like asphalt, brick, concrete, or dirt in our containers because these materials require a dump truck for transport. Household kitchen garbage is always prohibited. At most locations the following items are also banned: propane tanks, paint, car batteries, hazardous materials, tires, asbestos and appliances containing freon. Be sure to ask a Home Dumpsters representative about which items are prohibited in your specific area.
One positive aspect of the recent hurricanes, fires, floods and other natural disasters is bringing people together. A new trend in these neighborhoods is a community weekend clean up planned for the whole cul de sac or street. Ten families chip in on a home dumpster for $25 to $50 each and have it placed on a centrally located property. The family that houses the dumpster has the inconvenience of the space it takes up, but also the closest trip to the dumpster. The clean up can involve everything from storm-downed branches and other landscaping to parts of sheds and roofs.
Even with no natural disaster, people are coordinating cleanups with the weekend neighborhood garage sales and other community events. All the houses on the street than participate look great and the garbage is hauled away the next weekend. Convenient, easy, inexpensive and it brings neighbors together in a sense of community.
Every weekend there are hundreds of open houses in the Atlanta Metro Area. You can find listings on Zillow or Realtor.com by setting your price ranges and zip codes. Plan a route and go see a few homes in the same area. If you are looking to sell you house, go and see a few open houses close to your own and get an idea of the market. You can see how other houses are staged, cleaned up and priced.
You can use on-line tools to get an idea of the local market before you settle on a realtor or broker.
Should You Sell Now?
It is easier than ever to find information on your home’s value and your equity as well. Many banks have market calculators to find out if it’s worth it to refinance, sell or rent.
There are many different celebrations in the Atlanta area leading up to and including the 4th of July. Both East Point and Centennial Park will be having free festivals ending in fireworks.
Fourth of July – East Point
Salute to the Red, White and Blue includes a carnival, food court, live music, and fireworks at 9:30 p.m. near City Hall in East Point. Bring blankets and chairs but no food or pets. Free.
Fourth of July – Centennial Park
The gates of Centennial Olympic Park open at 6 p.m. for 4th of July Celebration. The fireworks synchronized to music begin about 9:40 p.m. Arrive early since gates close when the park is full. Free.
We always offer flat rate pricing, so you’ll know up front how much a job costs. Some of the competition offers “great” rates, and they run promotions or a teaser rate, but be sure and ask them about hidden fees. They will often add fuel, weight and other upcharges, including environmental fees, and more. You will never be guessing what we charge.
If you need to keep the dumpster longer, just give us a call. Let us know what is going on and we will quote you for additional days. We know how remodels or reconstruction jobs can get behind and run into delays. Weather can interrupt landscaping jobs and push out the finish date. With Home Dumpsters, you know you have the most convenient roll-off dumpsters combined with the most affordable and you can order.
If you are looking for outdoor fun in Atlanta, try the new “BeltLine.” This fun path was created from over 20 miles of unused railroad tracks that circle the core of the city neighborhoods. Walkways and trails bisect parks and open green space, to connect people throughout Atlanta.
Enjoy the weather and remember:
- Bring your dog. Explore Atlanta’s in-town neighborhoods on the pet friendly BeltLine.
- Bring your camera. Check out Art on the BeltLine as the public installations help to reclaim the 22 miles of unused rail.
- Bring a picnic or stop along the way for lunch. Atlanta’s favorite restaurants are situated right on the Atlanta BeltLine and have walk-up patios.
- Bring your skateboard(er). The Historic Fourth Ward Skate Park is located right on the Atlanta BeltLine. The first public skate park in Atlanta, the facility offers something for riders of all skill levels.
Remodel. Repair. Refresh.
The Atlanta Home Show will be held March 24-26, 2017 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta.
The Spring Atlanta Home Show has been improving home lifestyles and adding value to your largest single investment, your home – for 39 years. We offer a family-friendly environment and a place for one-stop shopping. We have invited over 350 companies for you to meet and talk face-to-face about the latest home remodeling products and services.
Directions to the Cobb Galleria Centre!
More Info from the Home Show!
Spring is here and it’s time to clean up inside and out! Whether it’s storm damage to landscaping or just tree and shrub overgrowth, we have the solution. Call Home Dumpsters for a roll off dumpster delivery anywhere in the Atlanta metro area.
It is so disappointing to start a landscape cleanup job and then not be able to finish because you can’t dispose of the waste! Your residential garbage cans will fill up quickly. Use our dumpsters for all yard waste, trimmings and branches and show off your property again.
We have week-long (or more) rentals for very reasonable prices. Call anytime with your questions.
So, you are thinking of renting a roll-off dumpster for a large overhaul, major cleanup or remodel? Obviously, the usual 96 gallon container isn’t large enough – but what size do you need?
- The 10 cubic yard dumpster is 3 ft high X 12 ft long X 8 ft wide
- The 15 cubic yard dumpster is 4 ft high X 14 ft long X 8 ft wide
- The 20 cubic yard container 4.5 ft high X 16 ft long X 8 ft wide
Whether you’re cleaning out grandma’s house or taking out the wall between your living room and kitchen, we offer the dumpster size you need at a competitive price. We rent by the week to give you plenty of time to work, but let us know if you need more time, we are very affordable with extending your contract.
We do need room to maneuver, so think about where you would like the dumpster dropped off, leaving clearance for the truck. Some neighborhoods require a permit, so be sure and check your HOA first if appropriate.
Remember, we cannot take asphalt, brick, concrete, or dirt in our containers because these materials require a dump truck for transport. Household kitchen garbage is also prohibited. Please call us with any questions (678-907-4397), we’ve been in this business quite a while and have answers for you.
It’s that time of year again, and as we look back on 2016, we see all the customers we served – inside or out (or both!). Looking around now at all the Christmas lights and decorations throughout the city – we are feeling the holiday spirit and wish you all happy holidays! We hope you have had a great year and look forward to seeing you in 2017.
A big thank you to each and every one of you for your support. We love it when our customers refer friends and family – it is the highest compliment you can give us. If we just quoted the job for you – thanks for the opportunity and we hope you think of us next time!